a frantic grey-brown moth just flew against my neck.
it made a funny sound against my skin--
thwud. thwud.
(twisting its papery wings, flying away.)
i clutched my neck with winter fingers.
6
comments:
Anonymous
said...
Memories: We once collected a chrysalis form our woods. A VERY LARGE Lunar moth emerged at the wrong time of year(November) in our family room. We decided to leave it to it's fate in the cold and we launched one evening on our porch. Rachel, about 3 years old, was in the path of the moth. The huge thing clung and grasped and climbed her little dress in a struggle work his new wings. Needless to say, Rachel was forever terrorized by bugs.
For some reason moths have always disturbed me. I dislike how they smack against me without warning. It's terrifying for a moment wondering what that feathery feeling was.
Never heard that one, Sue. I'll have to ask. I'm with Anna. I used to like moths but I resent their little caterpillar-selves munching on my plants.(Though the Humming-bird moth is a marvel).
6 comments:
Memories: We once collected a chrysalis form our woods. A VERY LARGE Lunar moth emerged at the wrong time of year(November) in our family room. We decided to leave it to it's fate in the cold and we launched one evening on our porch.
Rachel, about 3 years old, was in the path of the moth. The huge thing clung and grasped and climbed her little dress in a struggle work his new wings.
Needless to say, Rachel was forever terrorized by bugs.
For some reason moths have always disturbed me. I dislike how they smack against me without warning. It's terrifying for a moment wondering what that feathery feeling was.
i used to hate them, but i don't so much anymore.
aaw, i'm picturing three-year-old little rachel...
ask sarah (harr) about her moth experience some time. late at night in the emergency room....
Never heard that one, Sue. I'll have to ask.
I'm with Anna. I used to like moths but I resent their little caterpillar-selves munching on my plants.(Though the Humming-bird moth is a marvel).
I resent them munching through my clothing!
Post a Comment